Under the system of Post-Matric Scholarship, minority learners may apply for Ph.D. in class 11. The family revenue of the candidates must not exceed Rs. 2 Lakhs and their marks or equivalent grades should not be less than 50% in the prior final examination. This national minority scholarship’s chosen learners receive a scholarship quantity of up to Rs. 10,000 per year along with a maintenance quantity of up to Rs. 1200 per month.
MOMA Scholarship 2019-2020: MOMA scholarships are minority scholarships that are initiated by the Ministry of Minority Affairs. Under the MOMA scholarship scheme, students belonging to the minority communities of Christian, Buddhist, Jain, Muslim, Sikh, and Zoroastrian (Parsi) can avail Pre-matric scholarships, Post-matric scholarships and Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses. The winners of these national minority scholarships receive a scholarship amount of up to Rs. 20,000 per annum.
- If a candidate does not own a bank account, but a parent has the bank account in his name, can the candidate provide the same bank account number?
No. Preferably, the account number should be in the candidate (applicant’s) name only.
About Ministry of Minority Affairs – MoMA Scholarships
- Educational Records: Students who are going to apply should have marked 50% or above in the previous final examination.
- Annual Income: The annual income (from all sources) of the student’s parents or guardian should be less than Rs. 2 lakh. The Scholarships to be provided in the ascending order from the lowest order from Below Poverty Line(BPL) Families.
- Only two students from every family can take advantages o this scholarship.
- Reservation for Girls Students: 30% of the scholarship will be reserved for girl students.
- Those students who have taken admission to a recognised college/university to pursue technical/professional courses, by a competitive examination
- Students should have minimum 50 % marks at higher secondary/graduation level to be an eligible candidate.
- Selection of eligible students will be assigned strictly on merit basis.
Frequently Asked Questions
Moma scholarship consists of three stages