how to become a topper
Utkarsh Gupta is an upcoming doctor, a poet, dreamer, lifelong student and a tech lover. He cracked AIIMS MBBS 2015 and was in top 1%Students in CBSE 12th Boards.
Complete your daily targets & Before you know you’ll be a topper.
Let’s be honest here nobody’s born with a natural inclination to study. What we want to do is play games, have fun with friends, get loads of girlfriends, look incredibly good and have been dying for us, Show off to everybody, become famous in school or college, have rolls of cash lying around, get cars, drink all day, do drugs and possibly date pornstars. At that age, that’s how guys think. We are dumb cattle. If you want to be a topper, then that will have to become your inclination.
And long-term, nobody can help you with that. This is the truth. You know why? Because it’s your life. We can tell you how and why but at the end of the day, the decision is yours. Nobody is going to do anything on your behalf. The only people who truly care about you are your parents, nobody else motivates you and help you.
In class 9, you must have the system of SA and FA exams, so you have to manage the time very well. Here, we will help you in preparing time table.
English/ Hindi- Literature part in English or Hindi should be only studied from reference book. For the grammar, Wren & Martin is the only book you should be studying
Most of you tend to pay less attention to the school textbooks at the beginning of the academic year. If your ultimate goal is to score the highest marks in the boards, then develop the habit of early preparation. Revise the covered chapters on a regular basis. Early preparation helps you in memorizing them for the long run. Early preparation is one of the ‘top tips to score highest marks in 12th board exams’.
Writing matters because it represents you. Bad, untidy, and unreadable handwriting will create a bad impression on the examiner. You cannot risk writing the answers like the way you did at your 9th standard. The best way to improve your writing skills is to practice it. As you study, write down the answers in neat handwriting. This will help you memorize your answers for a long time. It also improves your handwriting and writing skills, which is highly beneficial for the long run in any professional domain.
- Regularly Attending Classes: The key is not to tread lightly around any chapter. Be it a school lecture or a coaching class, taking part in classes actively can help you gain a lot of knowledge.
- “If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail”.Planning is the most important habit you should follow to become a topper. Devise plans which are more realistic and less hectic. Identify your strengths and weakness and formulate a time table accordingly. The result will be visible only if you follow the time table strictly.
- Understand More and Cram Less: More thrust should be put on clearing the concepts and less on mugging up. Flowcharts, mnemonics, tables, graphs, etc are some of the creative techniques you can use to remember important details. Not only will such methods help you retain information for a longer period, but it will also make studies less monotonous.
- Regular Revision: While looking for habits on how to become a topper is necessary, it is equally important to follow them. As long as you go through what you have already learned, it is called revision. But the moment you add any extra information, it is just regret. Revision not only helps toppers to retain information for a longer period but also helps them in doing a self-analysis on their preparation. Thus, giving an opportunity to work more on weaker areas.
- “Practise makes a man perfect”- Solving mock papers regularly and practising previous year question papers give toppers an extra edge. It not only helps gives you the real exam feel but also helps you analyze the areas in which you lag. Further, exams follow a specific paper pattern. Following this habit will thus help you improve your speed and accuracy.
Now that you are familiar with the habits of a topper, let us go through some tips and tricks on how to become a topper: