gju admission 2018
Admission at GJU graduate studies is decentralized and the final decision is made at the department. The application deadline for Fall is in September and for Spring is in February of each year. Students need to fulfill the following requirements in order to get accepted into GJU graduate program:
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum average of “good” or equivalent, from a recognized university or a higher diploma with minimum average of “very good” or equivalent. Bachelor students with a “satisfactory” average, or equivalent, may be accepted only if they abide to regulations of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- Bachelor’s student studies and attendance must have been on a regular basis.
- The Bachelor’s degree has to be in a field that qualifies the student to study the major program that he/she wishes to enroll in.
- Student must show a documented proof indicating he/she successfully passed the Foreign Languages Proficiency Test (English language) (TOEFL, IELTS) in accordance with the decisions of the Higher Education Council. As for programs that require German Language Proficiency, passing Test-DaF 4 should be before the student begins writing the thesis and before taking the comprehensive exam as a requirement for graduation.
- Master Admission’s Application Form
- Master Admission’s Instructions
- Brochureof GJU Graduate Studies
Please provide a certified copy (or original) of the transcript of marks of The Jordanian General Secondary Certificate OR a certified copy of an equivalent certificate certified by the Ministry of Education and a certified copy of the transcripts of marks.
Admission to MBA Programmes will be made on the basis of merit of CAT score 2018 with minimum cut-off 40 percentile for all categories except SC candidates of Haryana, where relaxation of 5% is allowed (38 percentile for SC candidates of Haryana). If the seats still remain vacant, the same will be filled on the basis of the merit of entrance test conducted by the University plus sports weightage, if any, as per the admission criteria subject to fulfilling of other conditions given in this Chapter. The candidate having CAT Score-2018 are required to apply on-line by logging on the University website and need not required to appear in the entrance test.
D. Sports Weightage
Special weightage upto 5 marks will be given to Sports persons who have won 1st or 2nd or 3rd position at the University or State Level Tournament organised by State Government in individual events or team games or have participated in the Inter-University or National Level Competition. However, no Sports weightage shall be given for admission to M.Tech./ M.Pharm./ MBA programmes if seats are to be filled by GATE / GPAT/CAT qualified candidate(s).
The candidates, claiming sports weightage, should submit, alongwith the printed confirmed online Application Form, certificates issued by the Director of Sports of Haryana State or any other officer authorised by the State Govt. stating their grade, to the Chairperson of the concerned department before conduct of Entrance Test, where applicable, or upto last date for submission of application form in case admissions are to be made on the basis of academic merit of qualifying examinations. Certificate from any other source will not be accepted. The weightage of marks of different categories of Sports persons will be as under:-
Grade Weightage of Marks
The games, which will be considered for weightage under this category, are as follows:
GAMES FOR BOYS AND GIRLS:
Athletics including Cross-Country, Badminton, Basket-ball, Cricket, Cycling, Gymnastics, Hockey, Kho-Kho, Shooting, Swimming including Water-polo and Diving, Tennis, Table Tennis, Volley ball, Hand ball, Kabaddi of National Style, Football, Chess, Boxing (Free style), Judo and Weight-lifting.
GAMES FOR BOYS ONLY:
Boxing, Best Physique, Wrestling (Free-style).
- M.Tech. Programmes
- M.Pharm. Programmes
- M.Sc. Programmes
- Master of Physiotherapy Programmes
- Master of Computer Applications Programme
- UG Programmes
- Dual Degree B.sc. (Hons.)- M.sc. In Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biotechnology Programmes (3+2=5 Years)
- Post Graduate Diploma(S)
- M.A. Programmes
- MBA and M.Com. Programmes for Haryana School of Business
The selection of a candidate for admission to a programme/course will be based on merit list drawn on the basis of score in the Entrance Test plus Sports weightage, if any, subject to fulfilling other conditions as given in the Prospectus. However, for admission to M.Tech. / M.Pharm. programmes, candidate(s) with valid GATE/ GPAT score respectively.
(i) Dual Degree B.Sc. (Hons) Mathematics- M.Sc. (Mathematics): Combined Merit in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics of common entrance test.
(ii) Dual Degree B.Sc. (Hons) Physics- M.Sc. (Physics): Combined Merit in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics OR Physics, Chemistry, Biology of common entrance test.
(iii) Dual Degree B.Sc. (Hons) Chemistry- M.Sc. (Chemistry): Combined Merit in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics OR Physics, Chemistry, Biology of common entrance test.
(iv) Dual Degree B.Sc. (Hons) Biotechnology- M.Sc. (Biotechnology): Combined Merit in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology of common entrance test. Check Ashoka University Admissions 2019 .
Reservation: SC candidates of Haryana are allowed 38 percentile for SC candidates of Haryana.