44 fake universities in india 2017
- Maithili University/Vishwavidyalaya, Darbhanga, Bihar.
- Commercial University Ltd., Daryaganj, Delhi.
- United Nations University, Delhi.
- Vocational University, Delhi.
- ADR-Centric Juridical University, ADR House, 8J, Gopala Tower, 25 Rajendra Place, New Delhi – 110008.
- Indian Institution of Science and Engineering, New Delhi
- Viswakarma Open University for Self-employment, India, Rozgar Sewasadan, 672, Sanjay Enclave, Opp. GTK DEPOT, New Delhi110033
- Adhyatmik Vishwavidyalaya (Spiritual University), 351-352, Phase-I, Block-A, Vijay Vihar, Rithala, Rohini, Delhi-110085
- BadaganviSarkar World Open University Education Society, Gokak, Belgaum (Karnataka)
- St. John’s University, Kishanattam, Kerala
- Raja Arabic University, Nagpur
- Indian Institute of Alternative Medicine, 80, Chowringhee Road, Kolkata- 20.
- Institute of Alternative Medicine and Research, 8-A, Diamond Harbor Road Builtech inn, 2nd Floor, Thakurpukur, Kolkata-700063.
- Varanaseya Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, Varanasi, UP/Jagatpuri, Delhi.
- Mahila Gram Vidyapith/Vishwavidyalaya, (Women’s University) Prayag, Allahabad ( UP )
- Gandhi Hindi Vidyapith, Prayag, Allahabad (UP)
- National University of Electro Complex Homeopathy, Kanpur
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose University (Open University), Achaltal, Aligarh, (UP).
- Uttar Pradesh Vishwavidyalaya, KosiKalan, Mathura (UP).
- Maharana Partap Shiksha NiketanVishwavidyalaya, Pratapgarh (UP).
- Indraprastha Shiksha Parishad, Institutional Area, Khoda, Makanpur, Noida , Phase-II, (UP)
- Nababharat Shiksha Parishad, AnupoornaBhawan, Plot No. 242, PaniTanki Road, Shaktinagar, Rourkela-769014.
- North Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology, University Road Baripada, Distt. Mayurbhanj, Odisha-757003
- Sree Bodhi Academy of Higher Education, No. 186, Thilaspet, Vazhuthavoor Road, Pondicherry-605009
As per the official notice, ‘Students and public at large are hereby informed that such 24 self-styled, unrecognised institutions functioning in contravention of the UGC Act have been declared as fake and not entitled to confer any degrees. The detailed list is at UGC website, ugc.ac.in.”
Nine parameters were taken into consideration when evaluation was being done: whether all their present academic activities and programmes could have been carried out without being a deemed university; conformity to the provisions of the UGC Act and UGC guidelines; aspects of governance; quality of and innovations in teaching-learning process; research output; doctoral and other research degree programme; faculty resource, admission processes and award of degrees.
The list of blacklisted deemed universities are:
Bharath Institute of Higher Education,
Chennai Vinayaka Missions Research Foundation,
Salem Academy of Maritime Education and Training,
Chennai Maharishi Matkandeswar University, Ambala, Haryana
Institute of Advanced Studies in Education, Rajasthan
New Delhi: The University Grants Commission (UGC) has released a list of 23 “self-styled, unrecognised” universities, eight of which are in Uttar Pradesh. The higher education regulator has warned students against taking admission in these institutions.
Eight of these universities are in Uttar Pradesh, followed by Delhi (seven). Kerala, Karnataka, Maharashtra and Puducherry have a fake university each.
Get live Stock Prices from BSE and NSE and latest NAV, portfolio of Mutual Funds, calculate your tax by Income Tax Calculator, know market’s Top Gainers, Top Losers & Best Equity Funds. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
The problem is that neither the Centre nor the states—six of the 14 are in Uttar Pradesh and four are in Delhi—have taken any action against them, though, as per a Hindustan Times report, the Union HRD ministry has done as much as prod the states to take action. The UGC has been sounding caution to prospective students through its Know Your College website where students can check the status of a purported university or higher education institution. The AICTE too reports 279 fake technical institutes in the country, with Delhi leading the pack with 66 such colleges/institutes, while in South India, Telangana has the most number of fake tech colleges (44). The costs of education, including higher