10 std study tips
Have a Healthy Diet and Good Sleep
Taking a healthy diet is important during your preparations for the examinations. Ensure that you take a light dinner and good 7 to 8 hrs sleep for the fresh and active start. So eat well, study well and score well.
Study Thoroughly and Take help From Sample Papers
Deep knowledge of syllabus will give effective results but if you can’t revise the syllabus you learned then it is of no use. You can take help from sample papers or ask from your private tutor. They will definitely help you to clear your last minute doubts during exams.
- Read the course once without trying to remember it, just read like you would read the newspaper or novel and try to understand it.
- Prioritize your subjects and topics according to marks weight-age and easy and difficult chapters and use this list to create a practical study schedule.
- Take notes for specific points you feel are important and you are likely to forget, in addition to school notes.
- Create a chart with important dates, flip through it often and you will find that you are able to easily remember the dates.
- Study subject-wise rather than from all topics combined; they were separated for a reason.
- Use flash cards for definitions and also for various history events; flash cards help for fun and quick revision.
- Practice map work by tracing the important locations you want to remember, then try locating on a blank map
- Understand economics and politicalscience, its better than to try to memorize.
- Solve previous year papers/ sample papers to practice writing within word limits.
People might ask what is so special about 99% marks. It is just that anyone can score 90%. That is not at all difficult. Even a student with average intelligence, who studies hard can score 90%. But 99% marks mean that you have mastered the complete syllabus. There is no one better than you. You are the champion of champions. You are the best in the country. Do you want to be that. If yes, then keep on reading this article. If no, then you can leave right now.
Planning is the most important factor while preparing for the exams. Prepare a time table for board preparations and give enough time for each subject. Choose the time as per your daily schedule. Never allot long hour of studies in your time-table. Try to include short breaks between long hours of studies. Also make sure to give some time for playing and re-energizing yourself.
Class lessons are the best way to understand your syllabus systematically. Class lessons are the best introduction of the topics of your syllabus. Always be present in your class and concentrate on the class studies. After coming home, revise the topics what you have studied in the class. In case of any confusion, clarify these topics with your teacher on the next day.
Social science may sound boring, but one can use study tools to make it fun. Things like flashcards, colourful charts, timelines and funny mnemonics can help you study apart from the textbook and notes reading. In 10th class, social sciences studies are either the beginning or ending.
So, for all those biting their nails and dreading about the impending danger, check out this study plan for 10th board exams!
- Go through the topic or concept once without trying to remember it; just like reading a newspaper or novel and try to understand it.
- It is important to prioritize your subjects and topics as per the marks weightage, easy and difficult chapters. You can rely on this list to create a practical study schedule.
- Make notes for specific points that you feel are important and you are likely to forget, along with school notes.
- Make a chart that includes important dates, go through it regularly and you will find that you can easily remember the dates.
- Make the study plan for class 10 subject-wise instead of combining all topics
- Use as many flashcards as possible for definitions and also for various historical events. This technique is a kind of fun and quick revision.
- You can practice map work by finding out the important locations you want to remember, then locate them on a blank map
- It is important to understand economics and political science, and it’s better to avoid memorizing.
- Solve previous year papers/ sample papers and start practicing by writing within the word limits.
Class 10th mathematics is all about basic geometry, trigonometry and the concept of numbers.